We present a new cantilever for magnetic-force microscopy (MFM), the CantiClever, which is not derived from atomic-force microscopy (AFM) probes but optimized for MFM. Our design integrates the cantilever and the magnetic tip in a single manufacturing process with the use of silicon microma-chining techniques, which allows for batch fabrication of the probes. This manufacturing process enables precise control on all dimensions of the magnetic tip, resulting in a very thin magnetic element with a very high aspect ratio. Using the CantiClever, magnetic features down to 30 nm could be observed in a CAMST reference sample.
- TST-uSPAM: micro Scanning Probe Array Memory
- TSTNE-Probe-MFM: Magnetic Force Microscope
- TST-MFM: Magnetic Force Microscope
- SMI-EXP: EXPERIMENTAL TECHNIQUES
- magnetic tips
- Magnetic force microscopy (MFM)
- SMI-TST: From 2006 in EWI-TST